How does Kid Tracker device work?
Kid Tracker is based on digital 2.4GHz RF (radio frequency) technology. Both Base unit and Tag units have been paired to each other in factory. The Kid Tracker uses the RF signal strengthens to identify each other and provide direction reference. The Kid Tracker can provide loss prevention and direction finding service for you. When Base unit and Tag is out of presetting range, both units will generate alert sound to remind you. The Kid Tracker can use LED level (visual) and sound level to guide to the right direction of the run-away units.
How does the search function work?
When a tagged item is misplaced, you can use the Base unit to search for it, if it is within a 300 ft / 100 m (line of sight) radius. Try this first in an open area (e.g. large room,or in your yard).
1. If your wireless leash Base unit alarm activates or when you wish to search for the approximate location of the Tag unit simply press the “Search” button as per Base unit diagram.
2. When search button is pressed the Base unit will start beeping away. Make sure you hold the Base unit upright pointing forward like a remote control and turn in different directions slowly.
3. When searching around, make sure you do not point and switch directions too fast as the signal take time to send and bounce back for a position. As per diagram the distance indicator will indicate the strength of the distance.
4. The sound of the Base unit will also give you an idea of how close you are to the object that is being tracked. The faster the tone the closer you are. Ideally every few seconds the mute button should be pressed to see if the object being tracked can be heard nearby as the Tag unit will also make a loud beeping sound.
5. To stop searching simply press the search button again.
Note: If and when the Base unit and Tag unit is out of range or blocked by buildings both units will go quiet.
1. Place the Tag unit on a surface, and practice locating it a few times to get a feel
2. If you are ever unsure of which direction to go, slowly repeat a full 360° circle and then proceed in the direction with the strongest signal strength.
3. When in search mode, always place the Base unit in front of your chest, turn your body slowly to find the correct direction.
4. If the distance between the Base unit and Tag unit is out of detectable range, both units will make a beeping sound every seconds as a reminder.
How to change the short distance to long distance while my Kid Personal security device is operating?
When both the wireless leash units activate the alarm, that means the distance between the Base unit and Tag unit is at a certain distance. These range settings can be adjusted to 4 zones. Very close, close, medium and far (default). To change the range settings, press the search button and follow the LED light indication to set the desired range.
In search mode, why does the Base unit show the Tag location to be in several directions?
The Base unit collects and compares RF signal strength from the Tag unit to determine location. However, when the Tag unit is already very close to the Base unit, the signals can appear emanating from several directions. This can also occur when both units are in an enclosed environment, which causes signal reflection off of walls from different directions, indicating a false location. If this is the case, you can mute the Base unit, and simply follow the audio beep issued by the Tag unit during search mode.
Why does the Base unit occasionally indicate a false direction?
This is also caused by the reflection or blockage of the signal. Signal reflection from walls or wire fences sometimes may indicate a false location. A body of water (e.g. fish tank) for even people may block the signal and weaker reflected signals from surrounding metal objects may indicate a false direction. To remedy this problem, try adjusting your position, wait for the “Status Indicators” to settle and try your search again.
What can cause out-of-range false alarm?
False alarms are caused by:
- Base and Tag units are too close to each other within 10 cm (the signal connection will be overloaded).
- Low battery power will cause unpredictable behavior such as false alarms.
- Either the Base or Tag unit has been placed in a pocket with other items, blocking the signals.
Why is range alarm distance not consistent?
Because radio signal strength and signal reflection are affected by the environment and terrain, users may need to adjust the out-of-range distances to compensate for environment factors.
No Alert when the Tag unit is out of range?
- Check whether the Tag unit is “Dis-alarmed” on the Base unit
- Check for low battery on both units
- Check the out-of-range distance
- If the Tag unit is set for “Far”, you may need a greater distance before setting off an Alert.
How many items can I protect with my Kid Tracker personal security device?
Kid Tracker supports one tag.
What will happen if Base unit and Tag unit are out of the valid range for a long time?
When both units are out of the valid range, the signal will be disconnected. For the first time the Base unit is disconnected to Tag unit, it alarms every second and Tag unit’s LED flashes. After disconnected for 30 seconds, Base unit alarms every 2 minutes for power saving.
If I don’t need the Alert function temporarily, what should I do?
Turn off Base unit while Tag unit is On and it will enter sleep mode. After 10 seconds the Tag unit starts 8 long beeps for 15 seconds and then it enters sleep mode too.
Is Kid Tracker certificated by international standard?
Yes. CE and FCC certification have approved Kid Tracker.
What range does Kid Tracker have?
The maximum search range is 300 feet or 100 meters.
Alarm can be set to trigger at variable distances from approximately Near:10±5m, Short:20±5m, Middle:30±15m, Far:50±20m.
Kid Tracker is designed to react to the environment that it is in, based on the perceived risk. For example, if you are in a room full of many people or obstructions and cannot directly see your tagged item, then Kid TRacker’s security zone will be tighter than if there were no people or obstructions in the same room. The ranges are therefore only guidelines and can also vary between handsets.
How loud is the Kid Tracker audio alarm?
The base unit and Tag unit are 95db. (When the battery runs low, the loudness is reduced.)
What if other people use the Kid Tracker around me?
Each pair of Base and Tag has a unique code and at the same place the same time it allows 65,535 codes. Other Base units will not track your Tag unit.
What type of batteries is used?
Base unit uses LR44x3, Tag unit uses CR2032 x 1.
How long will the batteries last?
Under Standby mode, when the device is turned on for 8 hours per day, the Base unit's battery lifetime is 45 days, Tag unit’s battery lifetime is 60 days.
What’s the situation that I turn on the Base and Tag unit and both of them alarm?
When the Base and Tag units are turned ON, it takes 8 to 15 seconds for the synchronization.
Will Base unit find the Tag unit through obstacles like walls or trees?
Yes, nevertheless the maximum valid distance will be reduced.
Can I use the Kid Tracker in other countries?
Yes. Personal security device works on 2.4GHz ISM frequency band, which is available all over the world.
Is Tag unit water resistance?
Sorry, it doesn’t support water resistance, it just supports water splash resistance. .
How do I know when to replace batteries?
There is a low battery alarm on the Base unit and Tag unit, a single beep sound every 2 minutes.
Doesn’t work (search or alert function)?
Step 1: Check the battery
a. Power ON both the Base and Tag units, the LED should flash both Base and Tag unit. If not, please change the battery and test again.
b. If there is no LED flash after replaces the battery, please call for the maintenance.
Step 2: Checking if the connecting of base and tag unit
Both units will establish a link and blink synchronously. Please contact the agent or dealer for maintenance if the problem is still persisted.